Working Cell Bank Development
Working cell banks (WCBs) are prepared from the MCB under defined cell culture conditions. Quality control tests, via DNA profiling techniques, are performed to confirm that the MCB and the WCB are genetically identical, as well as to ensure the WCB is free of contaminants.
Custom Working Cell Bank Development Service Description:
- Procurement of starting material/cells (source can be ATCC, commercial vendors, or customer)
- Development of product specifications (e.g. product description, total cell count concentration – total cell/mL, minimum volume/vial, estimated passage at completion)
- Working cell bank creation (expansion)
- QC testing (e.g. viability, mycoplasma, sterility, etc.)
- Storage and shipment (ongoing supply)